[FFmpeg-user] Problem with pixel format and/or missing constant

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 00:41:50 EET 2020

Hello,

>> Because that is what the DVD specification requires.
>> Carl Eugen
>
> Ah! Well, that explains it. Thanks Carl Eugen. I haven't spent the $5-thousand for the DVD spec.
>
> By the way, of course, I made a silly mistake. I should have written "full, 24-bit monochrome". Ooops. Senior moment.

Just thought the context might be mentioning... When DVD was gaining traction many people still had crts. Nobody was going to watch black and white movies on super expensive grayscale monitors, so it makes sense. (Unless you could convince someone in radiology to lend you a cart I guess :P)

> haven't spent the $5-thousand for the DVD spec

Isn’t that just to be a subscriber/member?? I think it’s a bit more than that if you want the whole DVD specs… DVD has been reverse engineered pretty extensively though, shouldn’t be too difficult to find documentation, even if its not official.

Regards,
Ted Park