[FFmpeg-user] Problem with pixel format and/or missing constant

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 12 01:28:44 EET 2020

Am 12.03.20 um 00:23 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Am Do., 12. März 2020 um 00:17 Uhr schrieb Reindl Harald
> <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
>>
>> Am 11.03.20 um 22:48 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> Because the development of the two projects is nowadays very different,
>>> monochrome encodings (for example) are not supported by most decoders.
>>
>> either the latest or greatest tarball of whatever is the best or it's not
>
> In the case of x264 (where development was practically finished a long time
> ago) and which has a very small number of reported bugs, it will not make a
> difference unless you need monochrome encoding or an optimization for a
> particular platform.
> For FFmpeg (where development will never be finished) with its myriad
> of known (and unknown) bugs, every day brings a version that is better
> than the version of the day before (for any usage).

and it will introduce new bugs not present in the version the day before
as it's common and happens for every sort of software development on
planet earth

> That's apart from the fact that we don't have the manpower to support
> releases apart from security issues.
irreleavent in the context "only latest git is supported on this list"
which is *users list* and so y*you* can decide not actively support any
question with a build from yesterday but telling "not supported on this
list" is nonsense