[FFmpeg-user] How to compress .MOV file compatible to Canon camera

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:21:42 EET 2020

Hi,
>> Did the OP have the chance to upload some working camera-generated preview files?
>
> I didn't ask for one because I don't have the necessary hardware to test...

I was the one who asked for them, I was thinking I would sort of inspect it for some properties, like if the bitstream actually conforms to the  profile and level indicated, and also which features are used in the previews, or noticeably absent, to guess what the requirements of the hardware decoder are.

So there is no doubt that the camera uses a hardware decoder then?

I don’t have the hardware to test either, I mean I have Canon cameras but chances are not the one OP has :p

Regards,
Ted Park