[FFmpeg-user] Selecting MPEG TS child streams for filter_complex

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Mar 17 01:58:58 EET 2020

On 3/16/2020 3:30 PM, Lou Logan wrote:
> Simple reason I usually list them in that order is because it is easier
> and more logical for me to process it in the form of:
>
> inputs -> filters -> output

Accepted that it's convenient although -filter_complex (global) is a
different beast than -filter (positional, on output).

OTOH...
given the doc's synopsis of
	ffmpeg \
	[global_options] \
	{[input_file_options] -i input_url} ... \
	{[output_file_options] output_url} ...

should global options be allowed to intermingle with positional options?
should the examples be rewritten to follow the synopsis (put all globals first)?
(and are there times when a "global" option becomes positional?)

I'm willing to do some of the editing....

z!