[FFmpeg-user] Understanding how to use FFmpeg on macOS

Tangier Clarke tangierc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:18:40 EET 2020

> On Mar 23, 2020, at 3:29 AM, Ted Park <kumowoon1025 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How did you convert the mts to a mov? I am pretty sure you have to change the underlying structure of the video to convert from one to the other.

Hello Ted.  I used an app called EditReady which can take an AVCHD (sometimes referred to as the Blu-Ray file structure) file structure which contains the .mts files inside and rewrap them as .mov files.  There is no transcoding to another format as far as I know. I can do the same with Final Cut Pro X as well. I verify the formats to see what (if any) changes have been made using an app called MediaInfo.

Regards,

Tangier