[FFmpeg-user] telecine pattern 5555 - Judder-free, 60 FPS telecine (?)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 17:10:21 EEST 2020

On 03/29/2020 09:26 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Am So., 29. März 2020 um 14:51 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
> <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>
>>> If you have progressive content and want to increase the frame rate,
>>> do not use a telecine filter.
>
>> The source is not telecined. The source is p24. I'm doing the telecining.
>
> Then I cannot help you, see above.
>
> That being said, please feel free to report a bug with the telecine filter
> if you can provide a sample that allows to reproduce (if you find one).
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks, Carl Eugen. I'll try a variety of sources to see if the malfunction is container or stream
dependent. Then I'll report it.

I'm curious though -- I'm might learn something -- Why do you say that if I want to increase the
frame rate I should *not* telecine? How else would I go from p24 to p30?