[FFmpeg-user] How to compress .MOV file compatible to Canon camera

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 02:17:26 EEST 2020

Am 16.03.20 um 01:43 schrieb Ulf Zibis:

> I now inserted the following:
> 1. "CEAP" to ftyp (0x18 instead 0x14 bytes)
> 2. moov atom with qt-fast
> 3. udta atom from original at the start of moov atom (increases it from 0x1340E to 0x1344A)
> Result:
> Instead of a big "?" I now see a the preview picture on the camera. Unfortunately I still can't play the video because of "Not identified Picture".
> So we are a little step closer to the solution.
I now realise the problem, as I see, that the so "patched" file is also not playing anymore with ffplay.

The insertion of the additional bytes moved back the video data, so I guess, this makes the index data in the moov atom invalid. Is ffmpeg somehow able to insert additional data with correcting the moov index data in parallel?

I also will try to replace the udta atom in the running original file with free, to see, if it still works.

-Ulf