[FFmpeg-user] Error when reading file as stream

adam smith adamsmith79 at icloud.com
Tue May 5 15:13:10 EEST 2020

> On 4 May 2020, at 16:23, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The result is very similar, but qtfaststart takes an existing mov file and
> only moves the index in front of the file, leaving everything else exactly
> identical while ffmpeg -i input -movflags +faststart out.mov writes a
> new file (with different properties) that has the index already moved
> to the beginning of the file.

Thanks for confirming Carl.

I thought I was adding the correct flags to my mp4 files but after a lot of testing it seems that because I am output using the tee function the flags I am adding are ignored and the output inherits the flags of the source.
Tee is currently -f tee "[f=mp4:use_fifo=1]
I am hoping I can add flags too, I will have a look about I am sure I will find something online.

That will not resolve 3rd party files but at least I will be producing media encoded as intended :)

thanks
Adam