[FFmpeg-user] Decklink output latency, high

Martin martinarw at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:54:19 EEST 2020

Hi!

Anybody have an idea why I get a couple of seconds of latency when
outputting to a decklink device? I

ffmpeg -fflags nobuffer -i srt://x   -f decklink -pix_fmt uyvy422 -c:a
pcm_s16le -ar 48000 -ac 2  "UltraStudio SDI"

Input is a TS stream SRT or UDP, input type does not r matter. Im getting
almost 4 seconds of delay on the SDI output compared to the stream. Seems a
bit high? One would expect a couple of frames. I have seen this question on
a few places but never seen an answer or solution.

Decklink driver 10.11.4, Windows

I only see this behaviour in ffmpeg not in other programs that uses
decklink output, Premiere, OBS etc.

Regards Martain