[FFmpeg-user] Newbie needs help on capture video/audio using ffmpeg on RPI

Ram Shaffir ram at ram.sh
Thu May 14 12:28:14 EEST 2020

> your version of FFmpeg is very old
> Edward Park

> It doesn't look like that's an option, when a card that size lists haswell i5 as a "system requirement" it's probably > not an actual capture card and depends on qsv for its advertised encoding performance.
> Maybe you could try a build using libv4l2 and usign the v4l2 m2m codec names?

> Regards,
> Ted Park

Thank you for your reply!

I will try to build an updated ffmpeg with the additional codecs; can you pls point me to an updated tutorial on how to do it? Also, The target ffmpeg is for the Raspberry PI, can I build the ffmpeg on a stronger linux machine (such as AWS machine)?

Is there anything else I need to take into account when building it for the RPI?

Thanks again for your support!
Cheers,
RS