[FFmpeg-user] question about fps filter

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:38:08 EEST 2020

Hi,
> I found this in the debug output and am not sure why it sees what was
> passed by the command line but then is ignored in the filter graph can
> someone help me understand please? The complete debug output is available
> but too big to include here.
>
> [Parsed_yadif_cuda_0 @ 00000220ac5561c0] Setting 'deint' to value
> 'interlaced'
> [Parsed_fps_1 @ 00000220ac74a500] Setting 'fps' to value '24000/1001'
> [Parsed_fps_1 @ 00000220ac74a500] fps=24000/1001
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] Setting 'video_size' to
> value '720x480'
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] Setting 'pix_fmt' to
> value '119'
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] Setting 'time_base' to
> value '1/1000'
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] Setting 'pixel_aspect'
> to value '186/157'
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] Setting 'frame_rate' to
> value '30000/1001'
> [graph 0 input from stream 0:0 @ 00000220ac749f40] w:720 h:480 pixfmt:cuda
> tb:1/1000 fr:30000/1001 sar:186/157

This doesn't necessarily mean the fps was ignored, it just means the input has that frame rate. As you've said it looks like the argument to the fps filter was parsed correctly, the message being logged before doesn't mean anything (it wasn't later overridden to 30000/1001 or anything). Is the output file 30000/1001 fps?

Regards,
Ted Park