[FFmpeg-user] DV to bob deinterlaced HEVC

adam smith adamsmith79 at icloud.com
Sun Nov 15 14:00:14 EET 2020

25fps vs 50fps difference is there but not so great as I expected.

You might find that ffmpeg is duplicating each deinterlaced frame to output 50fps from the 25fps source. If you use yadif filter and configure to output a frame per field of interlaced source the resulting motion is dramatically improved at the expense of vertical resolution.
Depending on the content type this option might be preferable.

Thanks
Adam