[FFmpeg-user] Best place for despill filter?

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Nov 16 21:15:54 EET 2020

Am 16.11.2020 um 20:01 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>> Is it possible to send zmq messages to the despill filter? I want to
>> adjust the mix, expand and brightness parameters in real time. I'm
>> sending the zmq messages from my own C# program. Messages to colorkey
>> (color, similarity) and overlay (x, y) are already working. When I send
>> messages to the despill filter, there is no error message but nothing
>> changes in the output video. Either I have something wrong in my code,
>> or the despill filter doesn't use the new values.
>>
> Nowhere is documented that despill have support for commands and thus it
> does not have
> support for commands.

Oh, what a pity. We need more filters with support for commands. Now
that I have found out how to send zmq commands from C# code, there are
so many nice things that could be done with FFmpeg in real time.
Especially when adjusting parameters that need visual feedback, for
example brightness, contrast, gamma, color corrections, colorkey
parameters, despill parameters and so on...

Michael