[FFmpeg-user] Streaming DASH with ffmpeg

Mar Andrés López mar.andres.l at gmv.com
Tue Oct 6 09:25:07 EEST 2020

Dear All,

I am new in ffmpeg, I was Reading the documentation that ffmpeg has available for dash. The given command example is the following:

ffmpeg -re -i <input> -map 0 -map 0 -c:a libfdk_aac -c:v libx264 \
-b:v:0 800k -b:v:1 300k -s:v:1 320x170 -profile:v:1 baseline \
-profile:v:0 main -bf 1 -keyint_min 120 -g 120 -sc_threshold 0 \
-b_strategy 0 -ar:a:1 22050 -use_timeline 1 -use_template 1 \
-window_size 5 -adaptation_sets "id=0,streams=v id=1,streams=a" \
-f dash /path/to/out.mpd

In wich the output is the manifest .mpd, that produces the segments for a video input with two encodings and qualities (two representations for the video stream and two representations for the audio stream) but I need to stream the video with dash over UDP. Is posible to do that in just one command? with dash?

Do you have any guideline how to stream with dash?

A lot of thanks,

Regards.