[FFmpeg-user] (no subject)

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Oct 26 06:48:41 EET 2020

On 10/25/2020 9:16 PM, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> my question is derived from the license problem that does not allow
> gpl codecs together with non-free codecs

I may be mistaken, but as I understand the GPL, if you're not distributing
anything (building for your own use), there are no license problems with
mixing GPL and non-free/encumbered/proprietary components. That means you
could use -enable-nonfree and -enable-gpl at the same time (I can't actually
try that at the moment).

If you -do- want to distribute ffmpeg, then you simply can't mix GPL and
proprietary/non-free parts.

z!