[FFmpeg-user] build error at libavformat/udp.o

Hyoung Kim hyoungtaik at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 13:57:33 EEST 2020

Hi,    Thanks for your response.
    Yes, older source works fine, but newer sources (4.1.6, 4.2.1, 4.3.1 and git head) has build problem. So I have compared the source of udp.c between 4.0.6 and 4.3.1. There is a difference, but even the 4.0.6 has same statements which caused syntax error. So there could be 3 possibilities.
1. Define difference between older source and newer source.2. The primitive type has been converted to struct or union in older source somewhere while newer source does not.3. The build environment could have been changed in newer source.
Any idea about this?
Thanks anyway.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 2:34 AM, Edward Park<kumowoon1025 at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,

> 3. When I tried to use FFmpeg 4.0.6, I do not have any problem to build it. I have even done simple smoke test successfully for our final product.

Are you saying with older source, following the same steps gives you functional output? I thought you were trying to configure the build without a toolchain for cross compiling for whatever android device but i dont know now... Hopefully someone better informed will help you out but I think it's weird it doesn't look like you're using an sdk for developing for android for the tools, usually they have extended names that are arch specific to distinguish them (if you tell clang to cross compile for arm and it uses its as, ld, ar, c library, etc I don't think you can do that for android)

Regards,
Ted Park