[FFmpeg-user] builds for Windows

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 00:42:07 EEST 2020

On 09/03/2020 04:58 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 9/3/2020 1:49 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> I'm not sure but I think building ffmpeg is pretty time-consuming. If I obtain help figuring out
>> how to do it -- dependencies have defeated me -- I can do Linux makes, perhaps on alternate days.
>> If others do the same, the task can become distributed and less of an individual burden.
>
> I'm up for that.
>
> Mark- build environment makes a fair difference; I use MinGW-64 and it works fairly well, that is,
> no hairy problems that I recall :).
>
> z!

When I submit "MinGW-64" to Synaptic, I get 11 hits, none of which are installed. Synaptic includes
no way for me to copy the list, but here's the 'prime suspect'. :-)

'mingw-w64' 4.0.4-2

When I mark that for installation, 12 additional dependencies are marked (but, curiously, not
'mingw-w64-tools' 4.0.4-2

In that past, installing 'mingw-w64' was not sufficient.