[FFmpeg-user] "interlace"

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Mon Sep 7 07:28:49 EEST 2020

On 9/6/2020 12:33 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Or in other words: We will certainly not change our definition of
> "interlaced video" - many people seem to understand it.

Sounds rather strong ("certainly not"), but those of us coming from the NTSC
analog world all understood the concept of "interlaceD video" and the
various word forms of it. We also understood the 5-blade shutter, 3:2
pulldown, etc. Unfortunately, that often gets muddied when people coming
from the progressive-scan world try to understand it.

Ref- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video (which is pretty good)

With all of the latent issues with the ffmpeg docs, arguing over a "d" does
not seem productive.

Later,

z!