[FFmpeg-user] Convert DNG

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:46:41 EEST 2020

Hi,

>> I'm working in an Archive where we digitize analog movies. Our master-files are usually DPX but now we get a new scanner which save the movies in DNG files. Is there a possibility to convert de DNG files with FFMPEG to DPX files
>
> Do you mean CinemaDNG? That's not the same as DNG. DNG is a file format for RAW still images, while CinemaDNG is for videos.

I'm pretty sure CinemaDNG is a series of DNG files with audio, timing metadata, etc.
And both are not open standards, which is somewhat ironic because Adobe developed it as an answer to the plethora of proprietary raw image and film formats.

https://xkcd.com/927 <https://xkcd.com/927>

Regards,
Ted Park