[FFmpeg-user] WAV samplerate conversion with CODEC ID 1 ???

Tobias Rapp t.rapp at noa-archive.com
Tue Sep 15 13:32:21 EEST 2020

On 15.09.2020 12:20, christian.will at 4-real.com wrote:
> So it is not possible to keep the original format code 1 and ffmpeg will always create an EXTENSIBLE container??
> Because some software is not able to use the Ext GUIDs.
> Havent found anything in the ffmpeg format documentation.

I don't think such an option on WAV format level exists at the moment.
Usually the WaveFormatExtensible variant is written by audio software in
case of bit-width > 16 or channel count > 2.

What are the output properties in your case (FFmpeg console output)? And
what software did you try opening the output file with?

Regards, Tobias