[FFmpeg-user] how to convert *.cin into *.avi?

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Sat Sep 19 11:55:41 EEST 2020

On 2020-09-19 01:24, peter.lysyansky at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear team,
>
> I was unable to use FFmpeg to convert the * .cin file to * .avi.
>
> Can you please help?

Hello, Peter:

Welcome to the ffmpeg-user list. I am not a great expert on *.cin files
or on FFmpeg, but I have seen over time that on this list you get better
help by providing some basic information:

1. Try your task with the current version of FFmpeg as downloaded from
links on ffmpeg.org.

2. Show us the exact, complete, uncut command line which you used.

3. Show us the exact, complete, uncut output to the terminal from #2.

4. Tell us about the *.cin files. What format is that?  What kind of
content is in it? Audio? Video? What resolution? What frame rate?

5. What are you expecting will happen?

6. What do you observe actually happening?

I hope that helps you get started. Good luck!
       —Jim DeLaHunt