[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe timeout is not working

gilmotta flight.display.1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:14:32 EEST 2020

Hello Everybody,

I'm afraid this is a recurring subject but -timeout and -stimeout is not
working for me. I look at older posts but no luck.

I tried seconds, milliseconds and micro seconds but no matter what I do
ffprobe returns immediately when I type the command with -timeout or
-stimeout

/var/www/ffmpeg-4.3/ffprobe -timeout 30000000 -v error -i
rtmp://localhost/streams/stream1
[rtmp @ 0x587f5c0] Cannot open connection
tcp://localhost:1935?listen&listen_timeout=-64771072
rtmp://localhost/fds/stream1: Address already in use

When I type without -timeout if the stream is streaming it returns
graciously but if the stream is not streaming it hangs forever so I need to
timeout or my stream checker script will not work.

Could anyone shed some light, please?

Thanks a lot,

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/