[FFmpeg-user] bwdif filter question

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 01:07:32 EEST 2020

Am Mo., 21. Sept. 2020 um 14:16 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg)
<markfilipak at bog.us>:

> On 09/21/2020 03:33 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >
> >> Am 21.09.2020 um 01:56 schrieb Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) <markfilipak at bog.us>:
> >>
> >> How can it 'deinterlace' a single field?
> >
> > It can’t and that is what I explained several times in my last two mails.
>
> Here is what you wrote:
> "The following makes little sense, it is just meant as an example:
> $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc2,field -vf bwdif -f null -"
>
> That "explains" nothing. Worse, it seems crass and sarcastic.

No.
This was an example to show you how you can feed one field to
a filter in our system, this is what you had asked for, I used the
filter that is the topic in this mailing list thread.
In addition, I explained - not only but including above - that this
is not a useful example for an interlace filter, just as feeding a
progressive frame is not useful.

Please understand that I have shown significantly more patience
with you then with most other users here and significantly more
patience than most people on this mailist list (including the silent
ones) have with you. I can only ask you to accept the answers you
receive instead of interpreting every single one of them as a
personal attack just because they don't match what you expect.

Carl Eugen