[FFmpeg-user] ffplay struggling with this station!

Edward Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 01:58:39 EEST 2020

Hi,

> I use the following command to play the station:
> $ ffplay -nodisp -vn -fflags nobuffer -fflags discardcorrupt -flags low_delay https://jrtv-live.ercdn.net/jrradio/englishradiovideo.m3u8

I think “-fflags nobuffer” tells ffplay not to buffer? So there will be nothing to play every time ffmpeg finishes playing a segment and only then starts fetching the next segment.

But I also thought if you use -fflags multiple times without a plus sign before the flag only the last one was used, so I’m not sure.

And I’m pretty sure low_delay is only a thing in some video decoders.

Regards,
Ted Park