[FFmpeg-user] facing max delay reached. Need to consume packets. RTP missed packets

Chris Miceli chris at miceli.net.au
Mon Sep 28 10:43:57 EEST 2020

Hi Usman,

You may wish to look into whether the machine which is encoding is able to
keep up realtime when you see something like this. More than likely, it is
running out of resources (either from encoding or from the source material
in the form of a bad network mount). Without more information about the
exact setup, the encoding command and the hardware utilisation information
(from something like top) it is going to be particularly difficult to get
to the bottom of.

A potentially useful addition to these kinds of bug reports might be an
atop record (https://www.atoptool.nl/) to allow investigation of the system
at the time of encoding as well. Caveat being that this will only work on
Linux. I'd love to hear what others here think about this kind of thing as
well, potentially with a script in the git repo people can run.

Many thanks,
*Chris Miceli*