[FFmpeg-user] Cut part of a video, crop it and blackout parts of it

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Mon Apr 5 12:53:03 EEST 2021

Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> writes:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos (12021-04-05):
>> There is a fundamental misunderstanding:
>> You decide how much quality you want to preserve, x264 decides how
>> much bitrate is needed to reach that quality.
>
> You also decide how much computing power you want to spend on it, which
> Cecil neglected to do. More computing power usually means lower bitrate
> for same quality. The keyword is "preset".

Yes, that was not smart.

The funny thing about that is that years ago I have played with that.
My very strange finding was that I could best use veryfast. It was
faster and created smaller files. But that is many years ago, so maybe
that is not true anymore.

Time to play with preset again.

--
Cecil Westerhof