[FFmpeg-user] Windows FFMPEG Playback

Gabriel Silva gabesilva2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 02:55:48 EEST 2021

Hello FFmpeg team,
I am trying to find the most optimized method using FFMPEG or FFPLAY to playback videos on Windows and Intel architecture.
I have tried ffplay (see below) and it utilizes too much CPU so I am suspecting color conversion is being done on the CPU instead of offloaded to the GPU/MFX. I've tried several commands but they either do not work or are not fully utilizing the iGPU as expected. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
ffplay -i my4K60Video.mp4 Yields 0%  for Video Decode (not what I want).
 ffplay -codec:v:1 h264_qsv -i %videoFile% Shows Video Decode usage and 3D/GPGPU usage which is better but still not using MFX/VPP engine for color conversion

I have tried FFmpeg instead where there are more options to specify DXVA or QSV but still no luck.
ffmpeg -hwaccel qsv -c:v h264_qsv -i %videoFile% -vf vpp_qsv=format=rgb32 -pix_fmt rgb32 -f sdl2 -
Shows Video Decode usage and 3D/GPGPU usage still like above. Lots of CPU usage as well likely because of the -pix_fmt but removing this on Windows produces an error "AVHWFramesContext...] Unsupported pixel format: bgra
ffmpeg -hwaccel dxva2 -hwaccel_output_format dxva2_vld -i %videoFile% -vf format=rgba,hwdownload -pix_fmt rgb32 -f sdl2 -
Tried creating a dxva2 pipeline but unable to get it to work. This command produces an error: Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'graph 0 input from stream 0:0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'