[FFmpeg-user] How to add 1or more black frames @ the beginning and @ the end of a film with audio, without transcoding?.

MediaMouth communque at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:00:50 EET 2021

> On Feb 18, 2021, at 03:32, Marco Mircoli <nuvolablux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>   I was just asking an help, something like...a weblink to something
> similar I could adapt, an example.
> I am a student, I am learning by myself. It's not easy, because online
> there are not a lot of documentation about ffmpeg I can use to learn by
> examples.
> Thanks anyway.
> S:

This is a smart question for a useful feature that I would make use of in a variety in professional post-production context.

Marco, thanks for posting.  I don't have an immediate solution but perhaps the concatenation feature using properly-dimensioned black still images might work

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

The ffmpeg gurus, will know better and likely have a genius solution.  Looking forward to seeing what comes of this.