[FFmpeg-user] How can I force a 360kHz time base?

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Sat Feb 27 04:28:59 EET 2021

On 2021-02-26 17:53, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:

> … I'm concerned with the internal time base in the filter pipeline
> that's used to resolve frame ordering, both video and audio.…

That is the timebase which FFmpeg stores as a rational number, and is an
attribute of the video stream, and can take various values.

As I read the code, it is stored in struct AVFilterLink, and is referred
to as `link ->time_base`, and has type `AVRational`.

> …Currently, the ffmpeg internal time base appears to be 1kHz.…

Reading the code, and especially the type AVRational for the time_base
value in AVFilterLink, points away from this claim. The evidence you
have presented so far does not prove this claim. The evidence could be
explained by your specific file input1.mkv having a varying frame rate,
rounded to 1ms increments.

       —Jim DeLaHunt