[FFmpeg-user] Setup a rtmps server with nginx + ffmpeg.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:01:35 EET 2021

On Ubuntu20.10, I've compiled the latest git master version
of FFmpeg with the native TLS/SSL support through the following
configuration option:

$ ./configure --enable-openssl

See the following verification results for more info:

$ ffmpeg -protocols |& egrep -i 'in|out|rtmps'
Input:
  rtmps
Output:
  rtmps

Then, I retrieved the latest mainline version of nginx, i.e.,
nginx-1.19.6, from <http://nginx.org/en/download.html>
and compiled it with the following configuration options:

$ ./configure --with-http_ssl_module --with-stream_ssl_preread_module
--with-stream_ssl_module
--add-module=../../arut/nginx-rtmp-module.git/

The nginx-rtmp-module used above is the latest git master version
obtained from: <https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module>.

But I'm stuck here. To be more specific, I'm still not sure whether
the environment prepared so far mentioned above can give me the native
rtmps protocol server support capability. Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
HY
--
Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>