[FFmpeg-user] Streaming an mp4/mov file in real time using FFMPEG (no moov atom)

Rishit Temp rishit.redirect at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:19:32 EET 2021

Hello,

I am trying to read an incomplete MP4 file as it is being written in real time. Due to the limitations fo the tool I am required to use, the file I need to read in real time is constrained to mp4 or mov.

With that in mind, I first tried to execute the following command to turn the mp4 file into an flv file so that I could stream it to an RTMP server.

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -codec copy -map 0 -movflags +faststart ./output.mp4

However, I got the no moov atom found error. I tried the ignore error command (below) but the following was returned: Unrecognized option 'err_detect ignore_err'.

ffmpeg -err_detect -Ignore_err - i input.mp4 -codec copy -map 0 -movflags +faststart ./output.mp4

Are there any options (whether or not they are unconventional or avoided) that I have to stream an mp4 file being written in real time using FFMPEG or otheriwise? By change, can I extract the raw video data from the mp4 file as it is being written and then stream that?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rishi