[FFmpeg-user] Troublemaker in bugtracker

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Jan 23 20:21:03 EET 2021

 >> I am not the moderator of any mailing list.
> I beg your pardon, Carl Eugen. What is your functional title?
Good question. Carl Eugen has threatened to have people banned, which I would call the behaviour of a moderator. You would be forgiven for assuming he was.
One of the problems with the ffmpeg project (as with a lot of open source) is that it is not really clear who runs the project, the mailing list, the IRC channel, or any other related organ, or who speaks with authority on either technical or administrative matters.