[FFmpeg-user] minterpolate problem

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Wed Jan 27 06:59:20 EET 2021

I ask this because I think it can only be answered by looking at the source code. I'm not competent
to do that.

Is 'mi_mode=dup' or 'mi_mode=blend' or 'mi_mode=mci' the default?

On 01/26/2021 09:49 PM, pdr0 wrote:
> Jim DeLaHunt-2 wrote
>> Perhaps the character between 'mci' and 'mc_mode' should be ':' instead
>> of '='?
>
> That works for me
>
> -vf
> minterpolate=fps=60000/1001:mi_mode=mci:mc_mode=obmc:scd=fdiff:scd_threshold=10
>
> Each one is a separate option and argument
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavfilter/vf_minterpolate.c

Thank you. It works for me, too. I don't know why it didn't work the 1st time (except maybe because
I have so many balls in the air).

So, unlike what is shown in the documentation, 'mc_mode' is _not_ an argument of 'mci'.

Apparently, 1, 'mi_mode=mci' is a valid argument and, 2, that 'mc_mode' (and perhaps 'me_mode' &
'me') are valid solely if mi_mode=mci but are otherwise not arguments of 'mi_mode=mci' but are
direct options of 'minterpolate'. That kind of scope is probably what the author intended when
he/she indented them below 'mci', but the indenting is very misleading.

I will try all combinations of minterpolate to resolve all the options and issues and return with a
new beautified version of the minterpolate documentation. Perhaps that will save people in the
future because minterpolate is an important and amazing function.

--
Someone's sneaking in and turning up the range so that my food burns.
I'm sure of it.