[FFmpeg-user] minterpolate ...for Paul

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Thu Jan 28 08:26:49 EET 2021

I'm seeing problems with minterpolate that manifest as occasional visual errors in particular areas.
Visually, the issue looks like a math error diddling macroblocks. But there's some strangeness.

The scene is a camera pan to the right and up. The strangeness appears at the top of the frame (as
expected) and involves the top row of macroblocks (as expected). The strangeness is, 1, the affected
area is 14x1 macroblocks (not a very explainable number), and 2, the affected area is in error by
only about a half-dozen pixels (not a whole number of macroblocks).

Let me know if you're interested in pursuing this. If so, I'll post the transcode video and the
source video on dropbox. The videos are 20 seconds.

By the way, minterpolate is amazing!

Regards,
Mark.

--
Someone's sneaking in and turning up the range so that my food burns.
I'm sure of it.