[FFmpeg-user] minterpolate ...for Paul

pdr0 pdr0 at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 28 21:55:24 EET 2021

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote

> In the video,
>
> Look at the behavior of the dots on the gate behind the police here:
> 0:5.422 to 0:10.127.
>
> Look especially at the top of roof of the building here: 0:12.012 to
> 0:12.179, for apparent
> macroblock errors.
>
> Here's the video:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/t/8sKE0jEguUxQgPjD
>
> Here's the command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i "source=24FPS.mkv" -map 0 -filter_complex
> "minterpolate=fps=60000/1001:mi_mode=mci:mc_mode=obmc:scd=fdiff:scd_threshold=10:vsbmc=1:search_param=20"
> -codec:v libx265 -x265-params "crf=20:qcomp=0.60" -codec:a copy -codec:s
> copy minterpolate.mkv

Those are not macroblock errors. They are typical optical flow errors.
Motion interpolation is never perfect , there are always some types
artifacts, occlusions, edge morphing

There are several other methods and algorithms you can use outside of
FFmpeg, some are GPU accelerated. e.g. svpflow, mvtools2, DAIN, twixtor,
resolve. For artifacts around frame edges, letterbox edges usually some form
of padding is used. I don't think ffmpeg minterpolate has those.

--
Sent from: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/