[FFmpeg-user] minterpolate ...for Paul

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:51:49 EET 2021

 >You can technically, but minterpolate is not very user friendly - It's too> slow for real work and feedback, and you cannot keyframe the settings on> different scenes very easily. It's barely usable unless you program your own> GUI around libavfilter
Yes - this is somewhere that commandline tools tend to start to become less suitable, when you can't really audition settings and evaluate tradeoffs very easily.
If you have a problem you need to solve quickly, there is optical flow interpolation in the free version of Resolve, with better optical flow interpolation in the paid version, which might make life a bit easier. Much of Resolve is multi-threaded and GPU-accelerated (I'm not completely sure if the optical flow is, to be honest, but I'd be astounded if it wasn't) and you can to tweak things visually for the best possible compromise. Naturally if you're just tweaking around with ffmpeg for fun, fine.