[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg list footer

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Tue Mar 9 13:25:00 EET 2021

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 10:48, mX <monex12345 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone with list admin access (admins at foot of this email) please update the footer for this mailing list to assist new posters

I am in favour of general etiquette directions in the footer, as suggested.

That said, I'm not sure this will help much with new posters not
following conventions; but it does at least help remind people of
those conventions.

Suggestion:

I would also include "Please follow our Code of Conduct <link>". However,
it is not clear if the CoC applies to ffmpeg-user, since the reference to it
appears in the developers/contributing section of the website.

Such a footer would be relatively lengthy compared to the current one,
but no doubt email clients can be configured to elide it.

Cheers,
Rob