[FFmpeg-user] Determine timecode of errors

Er Win 86Legacy at outlook.de
Tue Mar 23 00:56:54 EET 2021

Hey Mark,

nice idea, loglevel info (and up like verbose and error) gives lines like this in addition to the error log lines:

frame=80148 fps=1452 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:53:32.20 bitrate=N/A speed=58.2x

I think this output is shown every 0.5 seconds so depending on the coding speed it is more or less precise. Using -threads 1 the output is more fine grained (but processing takes longer, obviously). This can be used to estimate the timecode of the error (last line before and first line after the error report), however this method is not precise.
Loglevel debug does not seem to provide additional useful information about timecodes.

Yes, one can do binary search on the estimated time range using -ss and -t but there should be an easier way.