[FFmpeg-user] Multiplexing

Mettavihari D tv.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 24 15:03:52 EEST 2021

Greetings,

I am streaming out 16 television channels via optical fiber to an IPTV system
This is done very simply by
Initially using ffmpeg to compress the files to the required format <file.ts>
They are prepared with a playlist that gives the order of streaming.
Then using ffmpeg to stream the channels via the optical fiber.
All 16 channels are streamed out using an i.3 PC with suitable storage
space to store the streaming files.
Since ffmpeg use the copy command it takes no load on the PC at all.

Multiplexing for Satellite up-link.
If I have to deliver the same 16 channels to a Satellite up-link
system, I am told that they have to be multiplexed and delivered.

I would be very happy to have a link where I could learn about multiplexing
and find out if that could also be done by ffmpeg or whether
multiplexing hardware is essential.

Regards
Mettavihari

--