[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg record video from this kind of URL?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 11:27:51 EEST 2021

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:30:00 +0300, anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru wrote:

>Right, you need m3u8.
>F12->Network->Enter "m3u8" in the textbox above the list to filter out.
>> Is there a command line call I can make to extract the m3u8 URL
>> automatically so
>> it can be used in a script only supplied the main page URL?
>To get url of the first m3u8 from the page (this page actually has only one)
>curl "https://www.livenewsmag.com/msnbc-news-live-stream/" | grep -o -e
>"https://.\+m3u8" | head -n 1

Coming back to this issue again since the command you suggested has stopped
working...
I am trying this command and I get an empty result:

$ curl -s "https://msnbcdailyshows.com/" | grep -o -e "https://.\+m3u8" | head
-n 1

The page above does have an embedded video player but your command for
extraction of the m3u8 URL returns an *empty* output...

But it does work on other such pages like this:

$ curl -s "https://www.livenewsmag.com/msnbc-news-live-stream" | grep -o -e
"https://.\+m3u8" | head -n 1
https://1420543146.rsc.cdn77.org/Z5XPzYjFisC9SrZHwPgDUg==,1633615580/LS-ATL-54548-10/index.m3u8

Why is the command working on one URL but not the other?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden