[FFmpeg-user] How to extract m3u8 stream URL from webpage with 2 players?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:34:34 EET 2022

On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:51:07 +0100, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Both work for me. They're actually one and the same.

Thanks,
they have revamped the site after I posted...

Earlier they had two players, one which was regularly stopping or clipping the
wrong video section etc with the stream url:
https://hlss.goodgame.ru/hls/188429.m3u8

and the other working much better had the stream url:
https://1111296894.rsc.cdn77.org/LS-ATL-54548-10/tracks-v1a1/mono.m3u8

But now as you say both players refer to the same stream which I *can* extract.

This 2:nd URL I could only find by using Firefox in F12 mode when playing, so it
was completely manual. Not good when it changes often..

I wanted a way to script the extraction of the m3u8 URL and none I testsd
worked, they always returned the same url for the first player.

The extraction is needed because the number in the URL changes from time to time
breaking automation. But I *can* read it in the script.

But since the other stream now has disappeared there is not much more to do...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden