[FFmpeg-user] Repeatable resolution issue exporting mxfs, 1080p is coming out as 1088p

Vincent Deconinck vdeconinck at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 00:42:35 EET 2023

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 5:33 PM William Jones <will at midasvfx.com> wrote:

> Yeah ive treid in that and thats good but but was really hoping for a fix
> in ffmpeg as than can be better added into our existing pipeline.

Hi,
I read that "This is due to MPEG-2 video format, which requires the number
of coded luma pixels to be divisible by 16".
Indeed 1080 cannot be divided by 16, so the inner structure must be 1088,
although the "usable" (displayed) height will be 1080.
So I don't think it's a bug, I think that's just the way it is.
Vincent