[FFmpeg-user] Generating bloated videos

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sun Jun 4 13:44:59 EEST 2023

Bouke / Videotoolshed <bouke at videotoolshed.com> writes:

>>> I have no clue, but I think your video stinks.
>>
>> You are a very nice guy.
>
> Thanks.
> What I mean is your video is probably very low quality….

You have a strange way of saying that.

>>> I leave it to the experts why very fast  gives less data than slower.
>>
>> I am not the only one that noticed this strange behaviour.

Did you try to compress videos with slower and veryfast? If not, it is
not that strange you did not notice this behaviour.

> Perhaps, but I’ve never seen in myself.
>
> Brings me to the low quality, note that noise is very hard to compress.

That can be true, but still the behaviour is strange. Veryfast giving
more compression as slower and every compression giving more data as
the original.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer