[FFmpeg-user] Recording of German IP TV Channels fail after some time

Claus Dietrich clausdietrich at nexgo.de
Wed Jun 14 11:33:47 EEST 2023

On Sun Jun 11 17:39:32 EEST 2023 Harald Reindl wrote:
>seriously - 4.2.7 is from 2022-05-14 - current is 6.0
>
>not that i support the "only current git"-attitude but when something
>don't work as i expect the first thing i do is making sure i use the
>latest version of whatever software
>
>no, i don't know if it would change anything but if it would it's simply
>wasting time of everyone

In the Ubuntu Handbook I came across this:

"How to Install FFmpeg 6.0 via PPA in Ubuntu: NOTE: Upgrade FFmpeg
library in Ubuntu may break other apps and/or run into dependency
issue!! You must know how to restore. And don’t do it in production
machine!!"

Sorry that I wasted your time and don't respond, because I will go ahead
with VLC and be de-registered in this forum within the next 5 minutes.

Claus