[FFmpeg-user] Question about encoding DVCPRO50

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:48:25 EEST 2023

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 12:17 PM Anacy HEF <smexxxrecords at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Can you upload and provide link to such .mxf file, maybe just some mxf
> metadata
> is missing?
>
> here is a wetransfer link you can use to download the file :

I transcoded that file with -c copy and without

In both cases file sizes are same. And mediainfo says one is 50 and another
is not 50.

Either mediainfo is wrong or ffmpeg's dv encoder misses to flip some bit(s)
in created frames to properly signal it.

Need some dv analyzer software that can report/show such stuff.