[FFmpeg-user] Concatenate x10?

hydra3333 at gmail.com hydra3333 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:44:21 EEST 2023

> ended up doing them one at a time, to get 10 individual files.
> Ill search for instructions on loop with Chatgtpt, if it can be done in
> python I might manage.

... and be very wary with the AI's responses.
 Take them with a Mt Everest mass of salt.

I have been using ChatGPT a fait bit recently for a variety of things
(primarily ffmpeg, python, PowerShell), and the responses are almost
NEVER good, and more often than not quite unreliable.

They ranged from using incorrect parameters until you correct the AI, whereupon it suddenly
discovers its error and apologies and then yields another erroneous proposal, to gross bugs,
to subtle logic bugs in code which you only come across in (sometimes frequent) edge cases.

With ffmpeg specifically I had mixed success, more often than not it yielded results which were fibbies
because it did not do its homework and/or misunderstood how it worked or misunderstood your intent
and many proposals failed miserably when tried in practise.

In some cases, it provided code, then some agreed mods later it forgot pieces of what it already coded
and left it out of later responses ... unacceptable.

Sometimes it finally admitted it's suggested approach would not work at all and said try another tool.

So, good luck with it.