[FFmpeg-user] Packet corrupt on cut, notice on concat

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:03:58 EET 2024

On 18/02/2024 11.53, Gyan Doshi via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> On 2024-02-18 09:59 pm, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> On 18/02/2024 05.09, Gyan Doshi wrote:
>>>
>>> Add -mpegts_flags +initial_discontinuity to get rid of the corrupt packet messages. This may or
>>> may not get rid of the glitches.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Gyan
>>
>> Hey, Gyan,
>>
>> No effect whatsoever. Same message, same glitches.
>
> I forgot to mention, it has to be added to the trim commands.

Do you mean to '-ss' & '-to'?

Oh, no, no. Even if it worked, what would I do with all the bad PTSs and audio frames left dangling.

No, '-ss' & '-to' are disasters.

Do you have any reaction at all to the news that decimal PTSs & DTSs are being truncated up? Did you
know that? Why do you think it was done?

--Mark.