[FFmpeg-user] Packet corrupt on cut, notice on concat

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:22:27 EET 2024

When trimming packets and later concatenating packets, ensure that no
packets that are not trimmed from stream of packets and thus are still part
of final file depend on any frame from any dropped/removed stream of
packets for correct glitch-free decoding.

Also ensure that there is no dangling packet in final file, dangling frames
- the frames that are not key frames and are not used by any other frame
for correct glitch-free decoding.

Also probably modern codecs can use various techniques to code packets in
various subtle incompatible ways for concatenation and trimming, like
single packet having multiple or partial frames encoded inside.