[FFserver-user] Streaming through ffserver

Ioannis Maistros patrida at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:45:20 CEST 2011

Hello FFMpeg users.

I am new in FFMpeg user forum and I would like to ask your help in the following issue.
I would like to stream from an Axis camera(mjpeg format) through FFmpeg to the FFserver and watch the stream from another machine by using VLC.
I have tried a lot of combinations in  the ffserver.conf file and ffmpeg commands line but without any luck.
The only I get is an image jpeg(without any motion) in the other end through VLC.
My last attempt was the default ffserver configuration file and an extra option of AVOptions flags +global_header(because ffserver was complaint about global headers all the time) and the ffmpeg command line was like the following one:

ffmpeg -i "http://user:pass@192.168.1.112/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?resolution=320x240&.mjpeg" -vcodec copy "http://192.168.1.118:8090/feed1.ffm"

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards