[FFserver-user] problem in streaming a mpeg transport stream file using RTP format through ffserver

AJJiang at wondermedia.com.tw AJJiang at wondermedia.com.tw
Thu Oct 20 18:53:53 CEST 2011

Hello FFserver users,

I'm new for ffmpeg, and I meet a problem while trying to stream a mpeg transport stream file using RTP format through ffserver.
I'd like to ask your help for it, below is the details:

I want to do an experiment for streaming the mpeg transport stream file (.ts) in RTP format through ffserver, so I use the muxing-example
provided in ffmpeg package (in /ffmpeg/doc/examples/) to generate a simple mpeg transport stream file (cc.ts) and put it in /tmp/, then,
free run the ffserver without parameter with the ffserver.conf in /etc/, however, I can't play it using ffplay or mplayer or VLC player
(My ffserver is running in Ubuntu x86).

My ffserver.conf file (I didn't use feed because I just want to stream a file) is as below:
==============================
Port 8090
RTSPPort 5454
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
MaxHTTPConnections 2000
MaxClients 1000
MaxBandwidth 400000
CustomLog -
NoDaemon
<Stream fff.flv>
Format rtp
File "/tmp/cc.ts"
</Stream>
.... (some minor lines are omitted)

in the player side, my typing streaming address is : "rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5454/fff.flv"; I'm sure the address is correct; the ffserver did
response for it, but the player just can't play it (I've tested play the "cc.ts" file locally and it works).
would you please help me check what's wrong with my settings?
Any help would be appreciated; thanks in advance.

Regards,
A.J.